10 reasons I loved him 10 years ago on our wedding day:
- He’s a lofty 6’4″–nice for a 5’10” girl like me.
- He takes his relationship with Jesus seriously.
- He’s funny, with both sharp wit and a goofy side.
- He really cares for people.
- He’s a man of international interest; he loves learning about the world and traveling.
- He’s musical.
- He’s intelligent.
- He’s genuine and humble.
- He’s committed to God’s church.
- He’s good in a crowd (a complement to my introversion).
10 more reasons I love him today, on our 10th anniversary:
- He works hard to support our family and let me stay home with the kids.
- He’s quick to confess.
- He washes the dishes and takes out the trash.
- He’s appreciative.
- He found a shared hobby of bike-riding with me, after a disastrous attempt to combine my hatred of running with his status of former-cross-country-runner.
- He sings silly songs around the house (a habit in place long before we had children).
- He endured long years of hardship with me–everything from financial strain to infertility to having a preemie in the hospital for 7 weeks.
- He’s inspired by Christian biography, and he enjoys novels that I read aloud to him.
- He changes diapers whenever he’s around, and he wakes up with babies in the middle of the night.
- His “career” goals are to be a good husband and father.
Aaron, 10 years later, with all that I am and all that I have, I still honor you. Happy anniversary, sweetheart!