Nine year ago today, we got married. I’m so glad I said, “I do,” because…
- You work hard – at a job you don’t love – to provide for us. I get the joy of staying home with our son (and soon daughter!) because of your labors.
- You regularly express appreciation for the work I do at home (because, yes, it’s a joy, but it also comes with its shares of troubles). Rarely do I make a meal, fold laundry, or add a cozy touch to our house without hearing you say, “Thanks.”
- You make our family a priority – so much so that you’re diligently pursuing a career change that will allow you to spend more time with us.
- You teach our son to explore, to pretend, to obey, and to love.
- You’re already so tender with and protective of our little girl.
- You’re handsome. And tall. And listen to my preferences about your appearance.
- You’re learning to be handy around the house, even though it intimidates you, and you’re getting quicker and quicker at tackling projects and repairs I suggest.
- You’re strong where I’m weak. You’re humble. You ask questions. You make small talk. You’re generous.
- You love God, and you want us to love Him together.
Happy anniversary, my husband, my love!
Your adoring wife, Andrea